THE CORRELATION BETWEEN FREQUENCY OF STUDENTSí READING FOR PLEASURE AND THEIR WRITING SKILL

Kategori : TA | Tugas Akhir
Sub Kategori : KS | Skripsi
Bidang Utama : KS01 | Bidang Pendidikan
Bidang Keilmuan : KS0105 | Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Kontributor:Ahmad Septianto
Tanggal Posting:09 November 2016
Tahun Dokumen : 2016

Learners find a difficulty in writing especially both organizing and arranging the sentences. Moreover, they also lacked of information and knowledge that make them incapable of using correct grammatical rules. Therefore, this research is aimed to find out whether there is a significant correlation between frequency of students’ reading for pleasure and their writing skill. This research used statistical inferential with ex post facto design. X.1 class in SMAN 5 Serang was selected as a sample of the research. The data collected through questionnaire and writing test were analyzed by using Pearson Product Moment Correlation. The data analysis indicates that there is a significant correlation between frequency of students; reading for pleasure and writing skill specifically descriptive writing. The correlation value is 0.766. It means the correlation is high. Based on the correlation value, the result of coefficient determination is 58.67%, it implies that students’ writing skill is depending on students’ reading frequency. The rest factors 41.33% was contributed by other factors such as media, teacher, environment, and so on.
 
Keywords: Descriptive Writing, Frequency of Reading, Reading for Pleasure.

Dokumen :

Anda harus login untuk mengunduh dokumen ini